UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Mindless

Maybe I should just tattoo IDIOT to my forehead.

Some of you might recall all of my unfortunate incidences with my digital cameras.

And a couple months ago I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my laptop, destroying it.

A couple weeks ago I lost my credit card. It wasn’t stolen, no one tried to use it. I just lost it somewhere.

A couple days before our Bahamas trip I lost my driver’s license. I found it the day before in a bag that I had already searched 2 times.

This past month I kept forgetting to pay my nanny Sara. After 2 full weeks of not paying her, she finally notified me of my negligence.

Last week, as you recall, I broke my glasses.

And the next day I lost my keys…well, Ella “lost” them for me. Actually, I knew that she had them, and I chose not to take them away from her because they were keeping her happy. I finally found them a couple days later when I decided to finally clean up their toyroom.

This past week (okay, this is really every week) anytime I sent something via e-mail, I have to submit it at least twice because I ALWAYS forget the attachment I am trying to send.

Then yesterday, while at my mom’s group, I lost my keys again. This made no sense, because I was only in a couple areas, but they were nowhere to be found. I searched all 4 bags I was toting, checked in every room where I had ventured, and looked through all the toys the kids were playing with. Thankfully, my nanny Sara had a spare key from the previous day, and she was able to save me once again and drop it off , because I was just stuck. When I got home, I had a message on my machine letting me know that someone found my keys in a trashcan.

And these are only the idiotic things I can actually remember. Can you imagine all the others that fill up my days!!!!

There has got to be some kind of pill I can take for this!

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari......the pill you need to take is to be born again, because you have ALWAYS been like that!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cari you make me laugh.
Remeber last summer when you forgot you were suppose to be watching Kyle while I ran in the house?

I still love ya!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh Andrea, I thought you forgot about that....since you HAVE let me watch Kyle a few times since then.....but then again you were very sick and under distress!!!!

And Dana...I know, I know.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

I don't know about any pill you could take, but as far as misplacing your keys, you may want to get one of those things that beeps to help you locate them.

Love,
Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home