UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

You can't make me!

Ella is 14 months today. Sometimes I am so amazed at how grown up she is getting....like when she sits in her booster seat at the counter next to the boys And then other times, she just doesn't fit my schema of what a 14 month old should be doing....mainly because she's not walking. The boys walked at 10 1/2 months and 13 months, so the fact that Ella is not baffles me. She doesn't hesitate to stand in her high chair, or cruise around the couch. But when I hold her two hands for her to walk, she bounces up and down, throws a fit, and insists on getting down on her hands and knees to travel. She's showing NO signs of walking anytime soon. But I guess like the boys, she'll do things when SHE wants to do them.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger LH said...

She sounds like one of your kids for sure. I like these stories of their independence.
Happy 14month birthday to that cute girl!

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She probably won't walk until she is ready to RUN! It won't be long.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that same thing about NyCee sometimes. The other kids are eating real table food and she won't nor will she hold her bottle or sippee cup. Some kids her age eat bacon and cheerios--not my child. I don't understand it. Shouldn't she (NyCee) be holding her own bottle by now?

I guess she and Ella are two of a kind. They will do want they want, when they want and no amount of insisting is going to change that.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger cg said...

Hah Cari, she is just a genius in the making! She will walk when she is good and ready

 

Post a Comment

<< Home