UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Our new Dells condo

This weekend we took a trip to Wisconsin Dells. For those of you not from the Upper Midwest, it’s sorta the Disney World around here. Just 3 ½ hour from the Twin Cities and also from Chicago. The town is one giant waterpark…with hotels more like resorts, offering both indoor and outdoor waterslides, wavepools, etc. In the summertime there’s even more to do with a river, small amusement parks, etc. It’s very touristy, with the class of Niagara Falls. I’m not sure if there is one, but I wouldn’t be surprised if on some corner there’s a Ripley’s Believe it or Not, or some Madame’s Wax Museum.

Before we left for this trip, Melvin asked me, “Are you ready for a relaxing weekend?”

“Relaxing weekend? We are taking our 3 kids, none of whom can actually swim, to a waterpark. I think you better lower your standards," was my response.

Actually, it turned out to be pretty fun. At The Chula Vista Resort, the kids splashed around in the water, too scared for any water slides, but loving the hot tub. There was a small arcade they enjoyed, and we stayed in a really nice studio, complete with a Jacuzzi tub and stone fireplace.

The weekend was pretty uneventful…..except for when Max sorta took off past our room without me knowing when he and Cameron were sprinting down the hallway. I found him about 7 minutes later, 2 stories up (he ran past our room, up the stairs), IN a room 3 doors down. (The cleaners had all the rooms propped open with the latch, so even though he tried to close the door, it remained open an inch). I kept yelling his name, and every so often I’d hear a faint “What?” until I finally found him. He was laughing and giggling at me. “I was hiding Mommy! I was hiding!”



Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's scary about Max "hiding"- glad you found him although I am sure your heart was pounding quite a bit in those 7 minutes.

So you've been to the Dells- any word on coming to Utah? It has been 50 degrees the last 4 days....
L

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger mi said...

That place sounds like so much fun. Less fun searching for Max for a heart stopping 7 mins, but fun aside from that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home