UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Must've been a very bright moon.

Max has developed fear. He no longer climbs to the top of the indoor playscapes. He adamantly declined to go down any waterslides at Wisconsin Dells. He even refused to walk down the deck stairs to play in the backyard today (it was actually above freezing here in MN).

Last night, he attempted to join me in the family room after his bedtime…again. But I had work to do and refused his offers to sit next to me to read a book, play on his Barney computer and just sit on my lap.

His last attempt to stall his bedtime involved his new found fear. “Mommy! I’m scared!” he yelled down to me. “Max, go to bed!” I hollered back up to his room, tired of climbing stairs for the 5th time to return him to his bed. “But Mommy, it’s dark!” he persisted. The hallway light was on but I went upstairs to check on him anyhow.

Only to find a boy lying in his bed….with sunglasses on!

Of course it was dark! I ended up putting his bathroom light on as well, and made him take off his sunglasses, but later I found him sound asleep, with his darkened specs back on.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, he is just too funny! No wonder my kids love him. They are all a little nutty! What a cutie!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He made my day! Only Max. Your life should be a TV sitcom. I think you should sell the rights to your blog to some TV company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home