UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sensing a loss

I think Max senses that his time of being "the baby" is almost up, for he has been VERY clingly lately...day and night.

When we go out to eat, after putzing around with his food in his high chair for a few minutes, he stands up and insists on sitting on my lap. Since I my big belly blocks most of my lap, and we usually sit in booths where my belly button practically kisses the table, having Max sit square on my lap is most uncomfortable, if not almost impossible. But he persists.

Last night he was up THREE times!!!!! Unfortunately, he has no intention of laying down in bed with us. But he will snuggle with me on the couch. So with bottle in one hand, pacifier in the other, he somehow uses my stomach as a pillow to go back to sleep. But this takes some time for him to find a comfortable spot. And at 1:30, 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning, I fail to experience the comfort of bonding with my "baby."

3 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time is near! When are you due again?

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You let Max know that we love him!!

Dana

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I'm actually due on Dec. 15th. However, if I don't deliver sooner, my doctor is going to induce me the day after my last grad class (the 13th). My mom will be in town from the 11th-18th...so we're working around our "help" schedule. It helps to have connections!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home