UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Is It time?

Monday Night 11:18 PM.

I'm having steadier contractions now. Every 5 minutes or so...but nothing painful.

I told my husband, who doesn't seem at all concerned. As a matter of fact, he's upstairs in bed snoring right now.

We'll see. I certainly don't want to hear the "I told you so" from him if the hospital tells me I'm in false labor.

But Lord help him....if I go too long and they say I can't have an epidural...I'm not sure what I'll do to him...but it won't be pretty!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday Morning: 7 AM.

Okay...so as usual...my husband was right. My contractions became less regular and less intense. I was up constantly all night worrying about it. (And Max was up at 3 and 4 "worrying" also).

Some of you might be thinking that this is my 3rd child, and I should know by now. But my other births were induced. With Cameron my water broke a week early, I went to the hospital, I didn't progress, so they gave me an epidural, THEN pitosin (I'm sure the spelling is wrong). I felt not one single contraction with that delivery. With Max, out of convenience (my doctor was going out of town and my sister was coming into town to help out), I had a scheduled induction. This time I felt contractions, but again, it was with the pitosin.

So I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to feel exactly. I just know that when my sister had my niece, she did not know she was contracting. When she finally got to the hospital, she was too far along for an epidural. I heard her screaming so loud, I left the hospital. I can't take that kind of pain.

I guess I'll just go through my normal day and see what happens. I'm picking up one of Cameron's friends to take the boys to an indoor play place. Then hopefully we can all go home and take a long afternoon nap. At least Max and I will need it.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger LH said...

this is great reading. it's a little like reality tv.
make sure to pack a laptop in your bag so i can read about the hospital when you get there.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Except the hospital doesn't have wireless! I might have to make a few trips to the Drs. lounge to do some blogging....I do have connections you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home