UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Just another day

No consistent contractions today.....no baby on the way, yet....I heard the "I told you so" from my husband....sigh.

But the excitement of my day:

I had an appt with my OB/GYN at 6:30 this evening. I had to drag out both boys, who were incredibly tired from a long day of playing. Of course they both fall alseep on the way there. I finally managed to wake my 4 year old up, and as he stands, he starts crying. "I'm all wet, Mommy!" The boy fell asleep and wet his pants!

Of course I don't have a change of clothes for him. So I'm carrying Max, who's trying to wiggle out of my arms, while also pulling along a screaming 4 year old, with pee covering the entire back of his pants, down to his ankles! All this in cold weather!

Thank God I know the nurses at the doctors, and one of them helped me find a pediatrics nightgown for Cameron. And don't you know, this little boy had the nerve to say to me, "I don't want to wear that mommy. I look silly. I don't like to wear things that make me look silly." My response wasn't too pleasant, as I tried to knot the ties so his butt wouldn't show, while also attempting to keep Max out of the toilet.

To think that in a matter of weeks (or days), I'll have another one in the mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home