UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Unmanageable Mane

My husband was feeling my stomach last night as we were watching Desperate Housewives.
"You're contracting...do you feel that?"
"Yeah, I feel that all the time."
He laughed and said, "Cari, you're not going to make it to the 13th."
That was my original goal...the day after my grad class was over..so I wouldn't miss any..and my grade wouldn't be penalized.

But now, my new goal is to make it past this Wednesday. Why this day? Well, because I have a hair appointment. I need a highlight so bad...my roots are quite pathetic...and my ends are split into total frizz. It would be most upseting if I didn't get my hair done before I deliver. Because once the baby comes, it will probably be another couple months before I'd be able to have someone watch her so I could go to my appointment.

I can't imagine looking at myself in the mirror for another 2 months with hair as bad as mine. It's enough to incite Post-Pardum depression.

And on a different note....Max was up last night at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30. Is he trying to prepare me for my nights with Ella?

3 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger LH said...

i'll cross my fingers for wednesday. the hair's important.
(this is getting exciting!)

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you let your hair be natural then the roots will not matter

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh but that would be so boring!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home