UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sometimes the TV is just cleaner.

Cameron has been watching WAY TOO MUCH TV lately. I'm just so tired, that when I'm napping, I let him do it. And when I'm doing homework, I let him watch it. And in the morning when he wakes up before the rest of us, he's on the floor in our room, eyes glued to the set.

I try to tell myself that it's okay...as long as I throw in a reading lesson from one of his books, or we do some math pages from one of his workbooks. But in reality, it's still too much.

So yesterday I turned off the TV, pushed all my work aside, and made both boys go down into their supernice playroom to actually play with their toys. I went upstairs briefly to put on something to eat, when Cameron came bounding up the stairs.

"Mom, you've got to come down. I'm going to do a show!"
"What kind of show?" I asked.
"A drum show!"

Cameron doesn't have a drumset, so I was interested to see his creativity in making one. When I entered their playroom, I gasped in disbelief as I viewed 7 bins of toys spread all over the ground.

Each bin was poised upside down in a circle, as Cameron stood in the middle and proceeded to pound on them, starting his "drum show."

When he was done, I put Max down for a nap, we proceeded to clean up the mess, and the plopped in front of the good old TV set.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion, don't keep all the toy bins down........sounds like a lot of toys. Keep a few high on a shelf or closet and alternate. Three bins emptied out vs 7 bins is a lot easier to clean up and still allows the boys to be creative. I wish I was there for the entertainment.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THATS creativity!! That is what stimulates the mind!!

Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home