UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Speechless

Max is 16 months old today. Yesterday I got his "report card" from his daycare. He earned all double pluses (behavior observed frequently) and one huge N (behavior not observed). His only deficit.....recognizable words. Max still does not say words...not even Mama or Dada. He can scream, he can point, dance, run, walk up and down stairs, but he hasn' t used a single word yet.

HOWEVER, I was watching TV, and I discovered the solution. Tomorrow, I MUST go out and buy this Leapfrog toy for babies, because according to the mother/child interaction on the commercial, when the baby pushes the "M" button, he'll turn to his mom with a great big smile and say "Mama!"

I wonder if there's a guarantee?

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if it worked, then you can be a real life spokesperson for that company and not just an actor/actress.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger LH said...

He may not talk much, but it seems he gets his ideas across pretty effectively from what I've read on this blog.
I love all the products they're marketing for small people promising literacy gains. I'm glad they weren't around (or i didn't know about them) when r and q were little. I would have been too tempted to buy them. Not that they can't be fun...but i hate the way they're marketed.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

You mean we're not going to have a generation of scientific and musical geniuses? Our Baby Einsteins and Baby Mozarts lose all their brilliance before they hit school?

Actually, I never bought those. My mom purchased a baby einstein video and I found it sooooo boring, and so did Cameron.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home