UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

flipflop

I have been continuing to flip flop between good days and bad.....actally, I should change that from good hours to bad to good, etc. Sometimes I'm in a lot of shoulder pain, other times it's something else, and other times it's nothing (like now). Sometimes it's physical, sometimes it's emotional. I wish I could just get it all undercontrol (and spell proprerly)!

My dear friend Shawn came to visit with her new little baby today, and what a blessing that was for me to see her cutie pie little face! She's so precious and just a gift from God!

My husband said I should be doing some mental work to get my mind going...and not to be so bored...thus leading to depression. Math and numbers continues to be my huge downfall right now, so I guess I should work with them, but I think I'm going to try to stick with some reading and see how that goes. I have plenty of books to attend to right now.

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you WILL restore my life again.
Psalm 71:20

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger KC said...

Maybe some movies? TV? I've seen photos of your theater room, and I think you should go enjoy those reclining seats. ;) Thinking of you every day.

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can get your hands on a Nintendo DS, they have some fun brain games to get your mind going. :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger simplifying the smocks said...

I know you like young adult lit. My 7th grade son, Jake, is reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. He is enjoying it. I am reading The Shack. It's a little weird. I recently enjoyed The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer if you are looking for something just fun (No brain strain)! Post if you find something good. Still praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home