UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

morning

My kids don't sleep in. Well, Cameron certainly doesn't. He thinks nothing about being up at 6AM. Usually he wants to eat of course. And then the TV comes on at some point. Today my wonderful mom was up with all three kiddos as they began their day.

And this morning they decided to take out their new "homework books" their dad bought them. I very much enjoyed just sipping on my coffee, letting any painkillers kick in, while Cameron worked with Max on some math. Ella kept wanting to do her "homework" as well.

Now there is a slight downside to this. Unfortunately the joy in the monring can often turn into crabbiness in the afternoon. But we'll work on that.

For now, try not to rush so much in the morning, and enjoy those small moments with your kiddos.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger cg said...

Aahh yes, living in the moment ;-) I hope you continue to manage the pain well and enjoy your gorgeous family

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree--take time to enjoy them. We all know how fast they grow up!
From your last post--As far as a "brain" game goes, have you ever tried playing concentration w/ one of your kids? I can't beat my 5 year old daughter (unless I distract her w/ candy or something!) I chalk it up to her brain not being cluttered with "grown-up" nonsense. It really helps my memory...
Good luck!
Bernice Adair

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

You have a very valid point.

Glad you had a good morning :~D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home