UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 24, 2008

monday

(No Mommy. I like to pick my nose!)
I almost don't know what to write anymore on this blog because it's just the same thing happening everyday...or at least nothing exciting. So I'll just update.

Made it through the weekend. It was not easy. I did get to church, and that is always one of my goals, so I am very grateful for my family who helped me get there, and then for my friends who hung out with my kids after church. I've been very depressed and jittery and bored and confused and just overall feeling lost and uncomfortable. I hate it. I don't want to feel this way. I want to just close my eyes, wake up from this nightmare and just laugh and laugh and laugh at this crazy dream.

But that's not reality. So I've got to continue to get a grip and grab onto the people around me who continue to enourage and uplift me.....so everyone.

Today I went to physical therapy for my right arm weakness. I have exercises to do each day now. My dad will keep me on top of that. Seems hard to exercise something you can't move!

I want to send out a special THANK YOU to all my former colleages at Crossroads Middle School in New Jeresy. Tony, what a wonderful video you made for me, and I so enjoyed watching it and seeing all of you. You all truly mean so much to me!!!!!!! Thank you.


Psalm 27:14"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger TonyD said...

I can't take any creative credit for the video. Lisa is the iMovie master. We're so glad you enjoyed it. There are a lot of people here in NJ thinking about and praying for you. Continue to stay strong!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

Glad to hear you got to church, as it means so much. Your photo made me smile. Kids! Gotta love 'em! :) Sending prayers and hugs!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Midwest Maineac said...

Hi Cari. I chuckled when I saw the picture. I have a gold-digger, too. If you have time and need a good laugh, look at my "More Booger" post from a couple days ago. Hehe.

It was great seeing you the other night. Keep blogging, it's good for you! -A

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger KC said...

Ella looks cute even when picking her nose! ;)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Thinking of you a lot - hoping that arms gets moving soon.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie, God bless you and God be with you. Sometimes all we can do is cry out in our utter desperation to the One who sees all of our pain and suffering and who suffers with us. You are seeing too much suffering right now. We just don't understand it in this world. But we do, always, have the hope of knowing that there WILL be redemption and healing for everything we face, and that not a single tear or anxiety-ruined moment goes unnoticed by our precious Jesus. May Jesus' light and love and hope pierce your darkness, may you literally feel his hand in yours, and may he heal you inside and out.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Oh, but you can laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. Why? Because Jesus is the victor and you are in Him. So laugh at the cancer. Laugh at the pain. Laugh because victory is yours!

We love you :~D

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

If you just get your arm back in gear, you too can enjoy your daugher's pasttime. :)

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good blog, and I appreciated reading your story. My wife had triple negative breast cancer, as well. Unfortunately, she passed away last year. I have just written a memoir about my life with her. Perhaps you could turn these posts into a self-published book, as well, as others might find it equally interesting. I will pray for you to have God's healing.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Like wiferhood said, you have the victory! You can laugh, because God is on your side and Christ paid for it all! Woo hoo!!

Proverbs 15:15
All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Psalm 126:2-3
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.


Not only can you laugh, but you can sing!

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 104:33
I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Psalm 135:3
Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.


God bless you! Love and hugs!!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger RuthieJ said...

Your kids are so cute!

I'm glad you're finding the inner strength to keep up your activities in spite of the depression and feeling rotten....and that you have so many people praying and hoping for you too.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Cari!
Prayers for strength and healing,
Bernice Adair

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger mi said...

Cari,
It must be hard to find the inner strength to do a daily update when you just aren't feeling yourself. Hang in there and trust in better days to come. It sounds like all the love you deserve is now surrounding you when you need it most. Embrace that support, and know that someday you will have a chance to really appreciate all you are going through.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're on my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home