UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prayers for Others

Yes, my situation is bad, medically speaking. But I encourage you to pray for the following people who are also undergoing difficult cancer battles.

http://graceandrew.blogspot.com/2008/10/sooner-than-later-updated.html
I was just introduced to this blog a couple days ago and I still have a lot to read to learn Andrew's story. But basically, along with cancer elsewhere, he has lethal cancer in his spine. He also has a wife and 2 very young children. Now if you want to read about some amazing love for our Lord, then you need to read his entries. I also encourage you to watch the video at the bottom of this post.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/10/20/jumbled-mess/ My brother sent me this blog when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer. It's actually a cycling blog...and I'm not much of a biker, except for around the block, but the writer Elden, is very funny. He also does a lot to encourage donations for cancer research. Elden's wife Susan was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago and it progressed from there, into the bones, into the brain. They have four children. I believe two are tweens/teens and the twin girls are maybe around age 7. Susan had a really bad night last night.

http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/2008/10/latest.html I've been following this blog along with thousands and thousands of others for quite some time now. Tricia is a young woman living with Cystic Fibrosis who gave birth to preemie little Gwyneth last year. After a difficult delivery and later a double lung transplant, Tricia developed cancer often associated with transplant recipients. She just received news that the chemo she has been enduring has not worked.

I don't mean to make anyone sad or depressed with these posts. I've actually been following the blogs because they've been encouraging to me...reminding me to be a fighter. I hope if you take some time to pray for me and my family, that you can squeeze in some extra prayers for Tricia, Susan, Andrew and their families.

Lord, please cover these families with your love. Show them Your almighty healing power and let them know that it is through Your grace that they are saved and through You they will find peace. You are forever with them. May they call out to you for Your guidance with any decisions that they need to make with regard to their health and their families. Give them strength and hope and happiness. In Jesus name...Amen.

Matthew 17: 19-20
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger CFHusband said...

Thank you.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing those blog sights.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Ellyn said...

I was connected to your blog through my friend Pam Lucken. Since I started reading about you, I think about you everyday. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last August too but so far so good. Hope you continue to heal and feel good. You are a true inspiration!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Love you, Cari. Thanks for sharing about these other sites too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home