UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Wimpy Kid


I had Cameron's parent/teacher conference tonight. He's doing very well. No concerns from his teacher. And I heard the two "s" words I've heard the past 2 years. SMART and SPACEY. Does not surprise me at all. Except the "spacey" part is actually getting better I feel. He hasn't forgotten anything this year, yet. Not sure if that's Cameron maturing or the teacher being on top of him.

His school had the bookfair this week. Eventhough I already let him choose a few books, I allowed him to pick out a couple more today as a reward for such a great conference. He chose a diary/questionairre book in addition to a couple others. The book is a companion to 2 books he read last year in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Tonight, in addition to several question pages that he completed, totally independently, he also wrote 7 1/2 pages in the "diary." I didn't even ask him to. He just did it.
(I'm so grateful for the awesome writing teacher he had last year).

I just thought I'd take a moment to brag on my kid. I think he deserves the praise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I meet with my regular oncologist tomorrow. We'll be discussing some serious stuff, and be making decisions on what, if any, treatment will best work for us at this point. If we do decide upon the chemo that drips directly into my head...well, that will be starting in less than two weeks. It's all very serious now.
14-16 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!" Psalm 91

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Good job Cameron!

Thinking about you, Cari. I love the scripture you quoted.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Awesome job Cameron! :~D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He [God] will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with joyful shouting" Job 8:21.

Also, continue to "be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides]" Ephesians 6:10 Amplified Bible

We love you :~D

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Awesome conference!

I am praying for you constantly..

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Smart, athletic and adorable... Excellent work Cameron!

Cari,
Call me if you need anything. Prayers to you!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger simplifying the smocks said...

Cari,

We are still praying daily for your complete recovery. It was a joy to read of your walk the other day!

Re:Cameron- Do you think he will be a writer and blogger like his mom??

Peace to you.

Dana's friend,

Carla

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger KC said...

cari, i have been thinking of you constantly, and i'll keep thinking of you as you make these difficult decisions.

no doubt where cameron got those writing skills!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Congrats Cameron! We had good conferences; however, a couple of issues came up and I am trying to sort through everything and then will post!

Cari- We are always praying for you and thinking about you...I know you probably do not want to hear this, but thinking of you and praying for you always brings a tear! You are loved and strong!

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting and praying to hear from you soon! You are on the hearts and minds of many people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home