UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling much better

Today was a complete turn around from the weekend. Lots of good today.

I drove by myself, went grocery shopping and bought a new pair of shoes. I have not been driving since my brain surgery two months ago. Mostly my mom drives me around, and although she never complains I feel bad asking her to take me everywhere. So it was nice just to jump in the car and go. (When at Mayo last week, my husband let me drive home to "test" my skills...obviously they were fine).

I woke up with energy today. Maybe it was because I slept all night without interruption, but whatever it was, I was well rested. I was not lethargic and didn't even need a nap today.

I had to go into my husband's hospital today to give him something when he was in surgery. While there, I met some of the nurses who work with him. They were so nice and spoke very highly of my husband, so that was nice to hear.

I talked on the phone to my sister. I actually hadn't done this in quite awhile. Just haven't been feeling well, and didn't want to be the messenger of my all my bad medical news. She lives in New Jersey, so I don't get to see her that often. However, she is coming out here in a couple weeks.

A neighbor dropped off the best chicken noodle soup I have ever had.

Last week Max was asking me his phone number. Then he was trying to memorize it. He finally asked me to just write it down for him on a piece of paper. He then told me that he needed it because he wanted Rosie, a girl in his class, to come to his house. Today, Rosie, actually called him, and now we have "playdate" set up for next week. Despite how much they look a like, my little Max kid is SO different from his brother, who has no interest in girls at all....and I'm perfectly fine with that!!!!!!!

I got an e-mail message from the author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and he's going to send Cameron a signed copy of the journal. Cameron's been writing in his copy constantly, so I know he is going to love a new signed copy as well.

God has been working in so many people's lives through my struggles. Our pastor talked about when you surrender to Christ, you surrender it ALL. You don't get to pick and choose what you want to surrender. You give your LIFE to God. And that's something that I'm trying to not understand, because it is all beyond my human understanding, but rather something I'm really trying to accept and live for. To please God, whatever that means.


Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Luke 14:27-28 Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?"

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I am so blessed to hear you had a great day! God is awesome! As always, praying for you continually!

"Is anything to hard for the LORD?" Gen. 18:4a

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for me?" Jer. 32:27

"...for I am the LORD that healeth thee." Ex. 15:26B

Much love and bunches of hugs!!!!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

When you drove by, I had to take a second look! I thought my eyes were seeing something that was not true! I am so GLAD you had a good day!!!! You deserve some time like that.

Isn't Dalia the best cook ever? I have tasted some of her food and it is great!

Take care and I am praying for another great day!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger KC said...

happy to read this post! and how cool of that author!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Hooray for good days!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger momo said...

i struggle often with surrendering ALL. i often think i know better than He does - but in the end it always plays out that i don't. thank you for the reminder, cari. i'm so glad you had a good day - more of them for you, i pray!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day. I hope you have many more good days ahead.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger TonyD said...

Cari,

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better today. You are in my thoughts constantly. We will continue to pray for more days like this.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger TonyD said...

Oh yeah, go easy on the little girls... they can't help themselves around such good looking boys:)

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you had such a great day! How wonderful that you can rely on your mom when you don't!
Praying for MANY more!!

Love,
The Adairs

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

So glad to hear you had a good day...it is LONG overdue!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you for writing about surrendering ALL. I struggle with that.
I'm so glad you had a good day.

I'm sure if feels good to drive again too.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems somewhat awkward to be here in your personal space, leaving a comment for you since we have never met. My name is Cindy. I work at Aspen Urgent Care and worked with Melvin while I was the day Nursing Supervisor at Aspen. Maria has shared your story with me and I think about you and your family often. I am sorry that you have been asked to carry such a heavy cross. I will keep you in my prayers. May you be blessed with many more "good" days ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home