UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Sunday

As usual, Sunday turns out to be one of my better days. I think the break from radiation, being in church and a day of resting on Saturday all adds up for the good. Yesterday my lower spine was hurting so badly that I thought there was no way I'd be able to sit through the carride to church, let alone an entire service. But I was just fine.

I am very concerned about how quickly I feel like I'm physically deteriorating. Most of the pain and numbness in my leg/foot has been on my left side. Although I've been able to walk, it has been with caution and quite slowly. This just really happened within the last couple days. I was NOT like this last weekend. Today, I'm beginning to feel a little tingling in my right toes now. I hope they're not going numb now as well.

I've only had 2 days of spine radiation, so I'm eager to see what benefits this will have. I will meet with my radiation oncologist on Tuesday as usual to discuss progress.


No unbelief or distrust made him waver convering the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and do what He had promised. Romans 20-21

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger unzen said...

Sorry you are haveing so many side effects.Has Melvin seen any Doctors to get you more help?? I pry radiation work and your legs will come back to normal. Sill in my prayers. God Bless you.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

more prayers...

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Angi said...

Have you asked if you've possibly had a MILD stroke? The side effects sound very simular to the ones my FIL had when he had lung cancer. He took a nap one day and was fine, then woke up having the same things you've had on one side. I know radiation has it's effects, but it is a good point to discuss the possibility of it. I wish you well.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I hope you are getting as much rest as you possibly can. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home