UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hitting the books again...sorta.

Despite the fact that :

A. I was certified and taught middle school in Massachussets for 2 years AND

B. I passed all proper tests to be certified to teach middle and high school in New Jersey for the four years that I taught there, AND

C. I taught 6th - 9th grade at a charter school in Minnesota for 2 years AND

D. I now have my Masters Degree in English Curriculum and Instruction,

according to the state of Minnesota, I'm not actually qualifed to teach all the grades in middle school.

Apparently, I have one class, The American Middle School, that I must pass to earn my middle school certification in "Communication Arts." It's offered this fall, and is taught by a middle school principal in the area.

With nothing else pending at the moment, I decided to go ahead and register. So yes, I'm a student...again!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Your mind has been too consumed with potty training these days it could use some other kind of stimulation. May also be a good networking environment for the educational position that God has in mind for you for the future!
Good Luck!

Mom

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Good for you! Quiet time away from the kids and an opportunity for more learning -- just up your alley! God has good things in store for your future!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger momo said...

i think this is great! i've been thinking about doing the same.

congrats on the decision!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Um.... so what exactly do you learn in that class?? Maybe you will learn how to program your iPod now? Hmm...

I wish I would have had a great teacher like you in junior high. Hey, you wouldn't want to teach in our district, would ya?? Hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home