UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

TV Land

I am so happy that this writer's strike is over. Because now, on Sunday nights, after I manage to get the kids to bed before 8:00 (while other kids are still outside playing!), I can just sit for 3 hours, sip on some wine, and watch TV. First Desperate Housewives, then Brother & Sisters, and finally The Tudors.

I don’t have to think about anything!

Not about this dumb cancer.

Or how long it’s going to take for my hair to grow back before I actually start looking like a girl again.

Or how I’m going to get through this summer wearing an ugly mastectomy swimsuit.

Or when I can get this reconstruction done.

Or what in the world I’m going to do next year without working again.

Or when I can just look and feel normal again.

Or if this cancer is gone for good.

Or what I’ll do if I have to ever go through this again.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

One might think that I’m avoiding some issues. But the way I figure it, I think about this stuff way too much. And it’s nice to have a few hours to think about someone else’s non-existent drama for just a few hours.

(And I’ll try not to continue to think of such silliness until the shows return the following Sunday).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I don't blame you one bit for vegging out. You need it. I wish I could stop myself from "thinking" so much also.

Enjoy your veg time!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta escape...I support that!

Dana

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I love to use the TV or books for my escapism. Isn't that what they're for?

You're beautiful with or without hair BTW.

OT, I started taking this herb for my chronic fatigue. Today I decided to read more about it on the internet and found this link.

http://www.essortment.com/all/whatisastragal_rxmy.htm

It might be something you are interested in also. It has a lot of different properties and supposedly no side effects. I am feeling more energetic too.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Of course the link didn't come out right.

I googled the term "what is astragalus?"

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I hope you enjoyed it!! You DO deserve it. I can't until Thursday night for the new Grey's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home