UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Comando

These past couple days, I finally did it. Despite being told that maybe I should wait until my hair was a little longer, I went ahead and ditched my scarves. (Well, they're actually still hanging in my closet, until I find someone who needs them).

Being so self-conscious, I was having a really hard time doing this. But after being with my friend these past couple days and thinking about all that she will be going through with her baby, something like super-short boy hair seems so incredibly trivial.

So I decided, who cares if someone thinks I have a REALLY bad haircut.

Who cares about the attention and reactions, positive or negative, that I will have to endure.

Who cares about the stares and whispers of small children or the strange looks of adults.

I honestly don't.

I guess the only thing that bothers me is that I feel really sorry for all those lesbians whose hearts will be broken after they discover that my buzz cut is a result of my chemo, and not my sexual orientation.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Love it! Humor and all!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger LoveHopeFaith said...

Too fuuny. There is nothing wrong with getting hit on
You go girl!
Miss you

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

I know that was a HUGE step. Congratulations! Isn't it so liberating to make a decision and not give a rabbit's rip what people think? I am so proud of you!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I was a little hesitant to read your entry with the title "Comando" because, well I was a worried it would be TMI. What a relief... your hair today looked marvalous. Thanks for being you!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

You are such a strong and courageous gal!! You looked great today.

I, too, love your humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home