UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Meow ow ow ow!!!!!

I had my second physical therapy appointment today. Mainly it's to help with the lingering pain, scar tissue and stiffness due to my surgery...mainly the lymph node removal.

My therapy session was anything but physical. I actually got to lie down for a good 15 to 20 minutes, listen to soft music, with a heating pad wrapped under my affected arm. Of course I took a lovely nap.

Then I just had to continue to lie down while my physical therapist did some special massages and rotated and stretched my arm. It was all pretty painless.

I take that back...physically, it was pretty painless. But I made the mistake of asking my therapist if she had any kids...which then led into a conversation about her "child"...aka her cat...who has diabetes...who she takes to a chiropractor. Now that conversation was a bit painful.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - just saw an episode of "The Office" where someone on the show had a cat with diabetes and other "special needs". Perhaps you should request another P.T.?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

She was really nice, despite the weird cat talk. She's actually not my regular PT, so I will have someone else next week.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that when I had a child, i would stop talking about my cats as my "son and daughters." Now I say "my sons and daughters" and refer to Danger Smudge as Augusts brother, and the others as his sister. Scott calls August, in fact, our "hairless" cat. Cats have a way of wiggling into your heart, you know.

-gwen

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I hate when that happens! Especially when you are not so much a cat lover or liker...

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love cats (although my husband hates them). And if I didn't have so many friends who were allergic to them, I'd try to convince my husband to let the kids have one. But it was just a little odd to hear her go on about having her cat "adjusted."

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was re-certifying my CPR in Berkeley I was offered the class in Pet CPR. You know how much I love my dogs but I don't know about mouth-to-mouth...
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home