UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First day First grade

Today was Cameron’s first day of school. He wasn’t thrilled at all about me taking this picture:


“Can’t you just use the one from last year?” he whined.

His bus came 25 minutes late. I thought maybe the bus driver was lost or something but I imagine the tardiness had something to do with all the moms and dads needing to get a picture of their kid literally getting on the bus, making them stop, turn around, and smile for a “first day” photo.

The bus was also 40 minutes late getting home.

Cameron said he had a good day. But his biggest concern about 1st grade (something he noticed when he went in for testing earlier this month) is that there were no toys in the classroom.

“What will we play with?” he asked me. “I mean what will we do like during free time and stuff? What will we do in school without toys?”

Ummmm, I don’t know. Maybe this year you’ll actually LEARN SOMETHING!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has got to be one of the funniest pictures I've seen - all the moms with cameras and the kids with their backs to them! Cameron is asking about toys - wonder what he'll say about homework almost every night? Glad he had a good first day!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger LH said...

Just reassure him that you'll be buying him a lot of extra toys this year for home use.

He's so big!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I still remember going from kindergarten to first and wondering where the toys are.

After kindergarten I pretty much hated school for the next twelve years.

He looks so grown up. He's a handsome young man.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Toys "were" yeesh.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. he's going to learn that school is terribly NOT fun. enjoy!

-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home