UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The envelope please...

With all the medical whirlwind of this week (and more to come that I'll explain tomorrow), I haven't even posted my decision about whether or not to take on a 2nd class to teach.

I took both jobs.

So now I'm .4...that's almost 1/2 a job!

And today I met with the second principal, who immediately offered me a laptop to use.

Needless to say, so far, I'm glad I accepted.

I also received a phone call today from the same district who wanted to know if I would accept a temporary English teaching position. They didn't know that I was already hired to teach at the middle schools.

Needless to say, I turned them down. But it sure feels good to be wanted.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

I've been praying for you all. I hope everything is going as smoothly as can be expected, considering the circumstances. I would like to hear an update on Cameron. If you don't have time to put it in the blog, call, or e-mail me anita.barks@hotmail.com.

All my love, Auntie Nita

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You "broke the seal" - now you'll probably keep getting offers! Congrats! Continually praying for Cam and you all! Hugs!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Congrats!

I hope that my offers start pouring in like yours when I really start looking for work. You are an excellent teacher and I am sure that the kids will enjoy your class.

Have a wonderful first day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home