UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Don't wake me up from this dream

Brace yourself for this….

Tonight, with my husband out of town, my kids were actually quite wonderful!

After dinner, we went outside to play, but we ended up weeding the flowerbeds instead. And the boys were actually quite helpful, especially Cameron. Ella did her usual flower picking, and Max would pick something and then bring it to me to ask me if it was a weed. Thankfully, since my garden hadn’t been touched in almost 2 weeks, almost everything was a weed.

Then we decided to play a little Frisbee. And instead of Cameron getting mad because Ella wanted to play and have the Frisbee all the time, he actually was very patient and kept trying to include her. He even said that she should get three tries since she was so little. Max, who recently would give up as soon as he threw the Frisbee wrong and start crying, actually stuck with it, and started to get good, even catching a few as well.

After taking turns shooting a few hoops, they came inside for baths without even complaining. They all marched upstairs and went right into the tub. Ella was so eager to get a bath, when I was looking for some towels, she decided to join her brothers before I had even taken off her clothes.


Right now they’re all downstairs snuggled on one chair watching a movie. Let’s hope bedtime goes just as smoothly.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Remember me ? Those are the most adorable children, yes that is my totally biased opinion. I miss you all so much. Ella seems so grown up. I hope I see her before she's too old. Glad you had a good time at the shore.
Love, Roz

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That has got to be one of the cutest pictures ever (watching the movie together)! What a blessing!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

How cute are they? I was wondering why Ella was in the tub with her shirt on.

I am glad that you had a good evening together. How is the garden?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Dayna,
you can't see it in the picture, but she also has on her skirt, diaper and sandals! Cameron said they didn't stop her from getting in the tub because they were too busy gargling the bath water! Eeew!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger mi said...

Awww...what cuties1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home