UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter...say no more!

Tomorrow the final Harry Potter book comes out, and I’ve been stressed out about it months ago ever since the media started mentioning it again. My husband thinks I'm being absolutely ridiculous, but I can't help it.

Why might such an exciting occasion bring on the butterflies?

One reason….those fast readers.

There will be an assortment of kids and adults who have nothing else to do but cozy up with their book and read it from beginning to end in one day. And then whether or not Harry dies will be all over TV, newspapers, radio, etc. Is it possible for me to avoid the media frenzy until I’m able to finish the novel? And then can I steer clear of the conversations of people who will have assumed that I have finished the monstrous text? And what if I overheard someone talking about it in line at the grocery store? Or what if I happen upon a blog that reveals the ending?

See why I'm a little uptight about this? I don’t want this sacred event ruined!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got a leaked copy. he dies. bird flu. sorry.

-s

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I'm with Max. You are taking this to the extreme. I hope it is worth all the hype. I have never had interest in Harry Potter so I don't understand the hype.

I suggest you put the kids in the bed, turn off the tv, and curl up. Happy Fast Reading!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Cari. Am trying hard to avoid reading the paper at all- but I need to collect articles for the section I do on children's lit marketing in the grad seminar so having to just glance at the title, bookmark it online, and plan to copy and save it Monday!

We went to the big HP release party at Scholastic today and saw the first signed US copy of the book. The party was going on until midnight but we had to head back by 6:30.

L

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger mi said...

I'm with you on this!! I struggled through the first 3 chapters...not because it's difficult to read, but because it is difficult to read when you have three males demanding my attention! Let's discuss in, say,,, 6 months or so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home