UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Injured toe...AGAIN!

Today at about 2 o’clock, for no apparent reason except for my own clumsiness, I slammed my left pinky toe in to the door frame. I heard a crunch, and a blood blister immediately formed on the top of the toe. It then swelled up, became black and blue, and touching it slightly was nothing but painful. I didn’t even try to bend it.

But at 2:30, I had a pedicure appointment that I was LONG overdue for.

So I had a dilemma…..pedicure with an injured toe…or to the doctor’s for an x-ray.

I did what any sensible woman would do who was about to spend a week at the beach.


Don’t they look pretty.

I told the lady doing my pedicure that I had hurt my toe so I only wanted her to paint it and nothing else. Well, she wasn’t too versed in English, and although she was more gentle with that toe, she proceeded to cut, rub and sometimes even squeeze my injured digit. A few times I almost screamed in pain…but managed just to hold it in and flinch instead.

Later I went to the doctor’s. Looking at the bruising and blood blister, he told me I had probably broken it. But the x-ray showed that there was no fracture involved.

Hopefully it will heal soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so no running on the boards next week?

-s

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

That was my second thought after the idiotic injury happened. But since it's not broken, I'm hoping that by Sunday, I'll be pounding the wood with ease!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home