UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A true fish tale

After our wine party last Friday night, Melvin and I took turns sleeping Saturday morning and early afternoon, as the kids laid low and kept themselves preoccupied most of the morning without too much arguing. To reward them, we decided we’d get out of the house and go somewhere.

My husband asked my son what he wanted to do. After going through a long list of ideas that almost any other kid would jump at, and explaining to Cameron that "Going to Florida" was not an option for that day, my husband asked him if he wanted to get a fish. Cameron’s eyes lit up and he practically started jumping on our bed with excitement. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” he squealed.

This was not something we had discussed before. But I figured a goldfish or two in a little bowl wouldn’t hurt.

Little did I know that they’d come home with this!


At first I wasn’t thrilled with the purchase, but it’s actually kind of fun to look at and see the excitement of the kids when they feed the fish....as long as I don't have to clean it.

On the first day back to school after the weekend, Cameron told me that he wrote in his journal, “The fish pooped in the fishtank.” He just thought this was the funniest thing in the world. He also named the two black Molly’s “Brother” and “Sister.” He’s really going to think it funny when those two have babies!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Caro said...

At least there is a lot of room for the baby fish should they come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home