UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 08, 2007

New blood in the mix

There's a new baby in my family....no, not mine...my brother's!

I've been waiting in inpatient anticipation for months to find out what they were having. As Ella outgrew each of her adorable outfits, I packed them away, eager to send them on to her little cousin. Surely such cute clothes must stay in the family!

On Wednesday, January third, Gwen went into labor, and made a few trips to the hospital...then back home...then back to the hospital...then back home...then finally they kept her. And after 43 hours of labor, Gwen and Scott had a baby BOY!

August Fulton Spitz, 7lbs. 9oz. at 8:44 pm on Thursday, January 4th.

So now what am I supposed to do with all my delectable dresses and pretty pink attire?

Despite the fact that Ella will be surrounded by yet another boy on the Spitz/Zbikowski side of the family, I am still so incredibly thrilled and excited about this new little addition!!!! I am done providing grandchildren, so it's someone else's turn to bring new blood into this world.

Unfortuantely, my brother lives all the way in Indiana, so I don't know how much contact with this little booger I'll have, but already my brother has called twice asking questions about baby stuff. He's not actually calling for me, but for the medical advice of my husband...but I'll take whatever I can get.

Due to reasons I can't get into here, I've been strictly forbidden from posting pictures of my new nephew online. But I did show Cameron a picture that was e-mailed to me, and I asked him to draw a picture that I could put on my blog.

First that little monster tried to tell me "No" because it wouldn't be fair that people will think that I drew the picture, when really he did it. I assured him that I would give him full credit for his artistic abilities. I ask him to draw a picture of his new cousin, and this is what he comes up with:
In caes you can't make out this minimalist masterpiece, allow me to interpret. At the bottom is a drawing of me taking a picture of Cameron, holding baby Auggie (the smallest figure in the center). To the left is our house, and to the right is the kids' playset.

Cameron may be advanced in math and reading, but in art....he's all remedial!

(And maybe after seeing this drawing, my brother will allow me to post at least one picture of his adorable little guy).

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, still no permission to post, but that rendition cameron did was awesome! let him know i said that. make a copy of it and send it to us will you? we promise to frame and hang it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home