UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mind Stretch

Sometimes I'm so amazed at Cameron's intelligence. The other day, Max wanted to cut stuff, so I rolled out some wrapping paper for him. He quickly was distracted with something else, so Cameron decided to use the paper for his own purposes. Completely on his own, he sat down and wrote a story. And although it uses "invented" spelling, he actually spelled a lot of the words correctly, and I could still understand most of the phonetically spelled words. He first wrote a story about all the things a little boy named David was doing wrong. Then he wrote a story all about his favorite things. This to me was impressive.

But other times, I must question whether there are any braincells working up in that head of his.

4 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Now that photo is for the picture books. His girlfriend/s will enjoy looking at this photo in years to come!

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Lewis and I laughed so hard at that picture. I was so into the story that I did not see that coming. That is truly funny!

As a side thought, what kind of workout is he doing? His buns look great. Can he teach me? I would be embarrassed to have my behind on display as people would run to cover their eyes.

Your children are a barrell of laughs a minute.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger cg said...

Cari

I really enjoy reading about your children and love the photos you post of them, but if I were you I would take that photo of Cam's buns of the blog. Please forgive me if you think me rude, I am just paranoid and would hate to think that that photo could be circulated in sites you would hate to see your child in.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

As cute as Cameron's buns are, I have to agree with cg. We live in a world full of sick people.

Love,
Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home