UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 01, 2007

A shitty start.....literally

Ella woke up at 5:00, but after some milk, she promptly went back to sleep.

Cameron woke up 6:00, but I made him lie down with us, and he quickly went back to sleep as well.

At 8:00, I heard screaming and crying from Max’s room. I reluctantly made my way to his room, where I found a little 2 year old boy standing by his bed, soaking wet! His diaper had unlatched during the night and his entire bottom half, all the way down to his socks, was drenched in pee.

I immediately undressed him and put him in the tub.

While Max was playing with his new Dora bath toys, Ella woke up. I brought her downstairs to have some breakfast because I didn’t want her jumping in the tub with him. I knew Max was fine in the tub because I could hear him splashing and singing all the way down in the kitchen.

In the meantime, Cameron woke up again. I asked him to check on Max in the tub.

“MOM! MOM! Come here!!!!” Cameron screamed from their bathroom.

I took Ella out of her high chair and placed her in the family room, then I ran up the stairs.

What I found was Max in a tub of water….that he had pooped in! Not a couple little terds, but some large logs, sitting on the bottom of the tub!

I grabbed him and brought him into my bathroom, while also waking up Melvin to go downstairs to make sure Ella was okay. However, Ella was no longer where I left her.

Apparently, she also was interested in all the commotion going on upstairs, and when we were dealing with Max in my bathroom, Ella had snuck up to the boys’ bathroom. I found her standing right next to the shit-filled bathtub, laughing…with her hands and arms all wet! She had been splashing in that nasty water.

What a mess!

Thankfully, the rest of the day went much better. With snow on the ground, but the air rather mild, I took all three kids outside, and they sledded down our side hill. Max and Cameron had a blast, but Ella wasn’t so thrilled.

I do hope my initial introduction to the new year is not an indication of how we will fare the rest of 2007.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ella's hat. Too cute.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Cari,
You are so goofy. Kiss everybody for me
love, Elyce

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Be Inspired Always said...

How cute, little snow bunnies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home