UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Finished...for now

Big sigh of relief!

Those of you that come in contact with me on a weekly basis probably often hear me talk about how much work I have to do for my class. Well, brace yourself...I'm done!!!! At least for now.

My final proposal for my research project (all 40+ pages) was e-mailed to my professor at 3:30 today...30 minutes early! With being sick this weekend, I REALLY was working down to the wire. Thank goodness she gave us the option of e-mailing it, or else the 40 minute treck to campus would have caused my work to be late. To my doctorate friends (Lanette & Lauren), I'm sure my measly 40 pages seems like a piece of cake compared to the hundreds you had to do for your dissertations. But you know....it's all relative. And believe it or not, I actually did enjoy doing the work. I found that I liked research.

Thank you to my friends who were so understanding when I wasn't as social as I would have wanted to be so that I could in complete my assignments.

So until next term...when I'll actually have to try to carry out the research project I designed (or some other master's level project), I should be free from academic stress. Now other stresses....oh they'll still be there!

8 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger mi said...

Congratulations!! 40 mins or 40 days to spare- still counts as "on time!"

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Give yourself a pat on the back and we need to help you celebrate...

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Give yourself a pat on the back and we need to help you celebrate...

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Give yourself a pat on the back and we need to help you celebrate...

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Give yourself a pat on the back and we need to help you celebrate...

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Give yourself a pat on the back and we need to help you celebrate...

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

Having not attended college, I am not familiar with any of the stuff you're talking about, but I am proud of, and happy for you. Much continued success and lots, and lots, of love.

Always,
Auntie Nita

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your relief. I am done for the quarter too. My brain needs a break. Pass the wine bottle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home