UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thinking of putting him up on e-bay

Yesterday, while Sara and I were cleaning up Ella and her birthday cake mess, I sent the boys upstairs to brush their teeth. They were up there for a while, and started to cause a commotion.

“What’s going on up there?” I hollered.
“We’re cleaning!” said Cameron.

Scary thoughts of what their idea of cleaning might entail started to run through my head. But what I actually encountered when I finally made it upstairs was beyond scary…it was a nightmare.

Cameron was running butt naked to the linen closet grabbing towels. He was so flustered he couldn’t tell me what was going on. He just pointed toward the bathroom, hopping all around, and gasping “Max!”

When I entered the bathroom, I found Max on the step stool, filling up a cup from the sink and then dumping the entire thing on the floor. His PJs were soaking wet, as was the entire floor, the carpeted entrance from Ella’s room and the carpeted entrance from their room. Also, a pile of soaking wet towels were heaped up in the corner.

“What in the world?” I yelled, as Cameron proceeded to tell me that Max had been throwing water on the floor, and he had been trying to clean it up with the towels.

“Why didn’t you tell me when he first poured the water on the floor?” I said exasperated.

“I was waiting until there were no more towels left,” he said, as if it was a completely logical explanation.

It took four more big towels, in addition to the seven that Cameron had already used, to clean up that wet mess.


Sigh.

Anyone interested in taking in an adorable looking 2 year old…just for about a year. Then, once he's well-trained, I might consider taking him back!

4 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cari,
I'll take him, and Cameron, and, Ella, and you, and your husband, and... I think about you all every day. I miss seeing you. I wish I could see you whenever I wanted to. Thank goodness for technology and you for having the patience and loving us enough to post it. The only thing missing is the hugs. Peace, Rosalyn

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But he is so cute.....can I take him home??

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will trade you for one 2 yr old if you will take my two 2yr olds--As one (Lilly) is mild but clingy and Quinn is a typical boy

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Caro said...

My sixteen year old has decided to move in with her Dad.

We have room for one more, especially such a cutie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home