UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My baby's first birthday

My precious baby girl turned one today. Cameron has had his own personal countdown going for the last month, and the first thing he said to me this morning as he came bounding in my room at 6:45 was, "Mom! Today's Ella's birthday! Can I wake her up and give her her present?" To which I quickly responded, "No!" She'll wake up when she was ready, and at 6:45, neither of us was ready.

But eventually Max snuck into her room, and she was nothing but smiles!...as if she actually understood that today was her special day.

Every morning since we purchased the gift last week the boys had been asking me if we could open Ella's present. Today, they finally had the opportunity to "help" their sister open the gift they had been dying to play with!

While the boys were preoccupied with HER new toy, they were no longer helping her with the wrapping paper. So she decided to take matters into her own hands...I mean mouth.

After Cameron left for school, Max showered Ella with birthday kisses.....and then while I was upstairs, he showered her with his juicebox.

Even though I had class tonight, I was able to leave early to help celebrate my baby's special day. At first she was very careful and neat about indulging herself in her personal birthday treat (free from Kowalski's).

But then she eventually got the hang of it and all semblence of civility went out the window.



What a precious child she is. I am so fortunate that God blessed us with her.
Happy Birthday Ella Helene! I love you!!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ella! I hope that you enjoyed your day as much as the cake! And don't worry about Little Max showering you with his juice box, give it a little more time and you will be able to return the favor.

Much love from the A-T-L! Lewis, Dayna, and NyCee

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger cg said...

Happy birthday you gorgeous little girl!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Happy Birthday little princess... I love the video...

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a doll, Cari. I wish she was here so I could just hug her all of the time. She is the only one who didn't yell her head off when I held her. Happy Birthday to Ella. Love to all.
Peace, Granny

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Happy very Belated birthday to your little cutie!

Lucky little girl to be the baby of such a beautiful family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home