UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A "double" shower

This morning my sleep was interrupted at 5 AM by Cameron.

“Mommy, I need a shower.”

“Cameron, it’s 5 AM. You do not need a shower right now. Go back to sleep,” I mummbled.

“I can’t Mommy. I need to get a shower,” he reponded urgently.

“Did you wet the bed?” (a common occurrence, as he just never wakes up).

“Yes.”

“Well, just change your PJs like you always do, and lie down on the little couch.” (A small foam fold-out kids couch that was next to our bed).

“I can’t Mommy. I really need a shower.”

I am EVIL when I’m tired, and I sighed in complete frustration.

Cameron quickly added, “When I was sleeping, I pulled my pull-ups down and didn’t know it. And my penis was sticking out. When I peed, it squirted on my head.”

I could do nothing at that moment but just crack up laughing….and turn the shower on for him.

While he was cleaning off, I laid back down and went back to sleep for at least 20 minutes. I woke up to the sound of the shower still going. When I went in the bathroom to coax him out, I found him lying flat on the ground, with the shower water pouring over him. He was singing to himself, totally relaxed.

Again, I could only laugh…and quickly turn off that water.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh that is just soo funny, at least he got some good personal time in the shower!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TOO funny!! Love you Cam!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love little boys.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Caro said...

That's funny.

It would have made me bust up too.

I am also EVIL when I'm tired, can't seem to help it.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger mi said...

Too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home