UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Morning of Monsters


I did not have the best of mornings. Ella was up at 4:00, and then Max was up around 5:30 (even though he didn’t go to sleep until 11:00 the previous night).

Cameron slept in a little, but then still dilly-dallyed all morning, and was running late. I had to tell him five times before he did anything. And then when I finally yelled to try to kick start some urgency in his movements, he acted like I was just the meanest mom ever. Later I hate myself for yelling…been hating myself a lot lately.

Ella would not sit down to eat her cereal She continued to stand up in her high chair, clap and laugh, and sometimes crawl onto the table. But stay on her bum and eat??? Just was not happening. She quite enjoyed my almost-heart attacks everytime she’d stand up and raise her hands over her head, waving Hi!

Not surprisingly, Max gets the credit for sending me over the edge. He decided he needed to wash his hands. He sees soap and thinks it’s an automatic invitation to get clean. However, he wasn’t able to reach the faucet knobs to rinse the lather off…..so he use the TOILET WATER instead.

5 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

Oh My--Cari, I do understand what you were dealing with this morning!! As 99% of the time my voice needs to hit a few higher levels to get Tyson going and out to the bus stop in the morning--and the TWINS can real try me every morning--as they think the bench we have at our table is there play ground for any meal--except for some reason when daddy is home! I hope you have a better day tomorrow, and Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I hope your day goes better tomorrow. What is the deal with the toilet? My littlest couldn't reach the sink last week either. Only instead of her hands, she dipped her toothbrush in! The toilet is NOT a rinsing bowl placed convieniently at toddler hieght. Sigh...

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too early....can't spell....

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....Looks like Ella is taking on Max's traits!! Bet you can't wait til Max gets into school (so he can put the TEACHERS over the edge instead).

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Thank you l for the support!

By the way, how was Hawaii??? I'll try to call you this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home