UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Interior Designer...or Ladies' Man ???


This weekend, while Melvin was at the hospital, I was home with all three kids. I was in the basement playing with Max when I heard several huge pounds upstairs. Ella was in her crib sleeping, and since I was with Max, I figured Cameron was just being rather restless and must have been jumping around the house.

When I finally did make my way upstairs, I walked into the kitchen and noticed that the heavy, wooden pedestal table had been moved about two feet. And then I walked into the dining room and discovered the same issue with that huge table. I made my way into the living room, where the coffee table was turned 90 degrees, an end table was moved to another wall, and an ottoman was out of place. I walked into the foyer, where the rugs had been moved a few feet, and peeked into the piano room where Max’s miniature piano was relocated in a different corner. I then headed upstairs to see that the console table in the hallway was on the opposite wall, the end tables in the guest room were switched around, and in the boys’ room, Max’s toddler bed was moved from one corner to the middle of the room, leaving no walking room to get to the bathroom. I found Cameron in my bedroom, lifting an ottoman.

“What in the world are you doing?” I asked in disbelief.

“Oh, I rearranged the furniture. Now we have more room for other things.”

That crazy boy had literally moved something in EVERY room on the 1st and 2nd floor…and most of the things were quite heavy.

I guess that’s what happens when a five year old is tired of being cooped up in the house and is trying to find a cure for his boredom.

----------------------------- ------------------------------------ ----------------
Earlier this year Cameron’s teacher started to read a Junie B. Jones book. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this series, it’s about a very unique, very sassy and very funny kindergarten girl who is over dramatic about EVERYTHING (and has grammar issues). It’s so much fun to read aloud, and threatening to not read it often calms Cameron’s rather obnoxious nighttime behavior.

The last book we started to read, Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren is about a new boy in the school. Junie B. and her two best friends, Grace and Lucille, are all in love with him and are competing to be his girlfriend (although he really could care less about them).

After a couple evenings of reading about how the girls are arguing and fighting for Warren’s affection, Cameron said to me. “Mommy, they don’t have to fight over Warren as a boyfriend. They can just share him!”

To which I told him that you can’t have 3 girlfriends. You can only have one at a time.

Then he simply stated, “Well, then they should just take turns being his girlfriend.”

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

That is so CUTE--He reminds me of Tyson a few years ago--Well now too!! That is just a sign that we are raising our boys right!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home