UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Cheap for a Reason

Ever since Cameron's friend Ben told him about his collection of Transformers, Cameron has decided that he wanted to have a collection of something. A few weeks ago he decided that he wanted to collect rocks. He went into our landscaping with a plastic bucket and collected probably over a hundred rocks. I told him he had to choose about 20. I think he ended up with closer to 40. The rocks went directly into a plastic bag and into his closet, never to be looked at or even spoken of again.

Today, while traveling back from an outing about 30 minutes from our house, Cameron decided that he wanted to start a new collection. I figured he was going to tell me he wanted to collect leaves, or cars, or even Happy Meal toys. But instead, he matter-of-factly declared that he was going to start a collection of broken sandals.


Maybe I better stop buying my kids' shoes at Kmart.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger mi said...

What's the old saying about one person's garbage is someone else's treasure?

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

What did the birdie say as he flew over K-mart? CHEAP...CHEAP

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I have some broken sandals. I'll mail 'em to you!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Hi, I found you through the TMI spot. I like your blog. Your kid seems funny. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home