UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Purring


People say that if you get a bunch of women together, they'll be catty, backstab, gossip about each other, etc. Well I must say that I have found a group of women from my Mom's Spiritual Spa group from church who defy such a stereotype. Last night, most of us were able to get away from the kids for a few hours to go out to dinner so we could talk about our lives, encourage each other, empathize with each other, etc. And we didn't talk negative about anyone of the female gender! It was fun, fun fun. I am so thankful for this group of women who are so inspiring to me.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Cari,
Did you copy my blog from last night? I agree about our awesome group of women. God brought us all together and that is amazing!

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

That is wonderful! I'd like to belong to a group like that. E-mail me and tell me how I could get one started. anita.barks@detroitk12.org

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I've also been blessed with some wondrful Christian friendships in my church....and there is nothing like a group of Christian friends...they really are a gift from God....Love, Dana

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, my heart just throbs for the wonderful friendships you share. I remember so well my group of CHRP (Christ Renews Its Parish) woman in Indiana and how I long for that again. Keep me in your prayers. Wish Auntie Nita was in my neck of the woods. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home