UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A little too much love


Yesterday, out of the blue, Max kept saying "Abby! Abby!" one of my friend's little girls.

I kept saying to him, "Is she your girlfriend? Are you going to marry her?" Having no idea what I was saying, he just grinned.

Cameron, on the other hand, knew exactly what I was saying and wanted in on the conversation. "Hey Mommy! I know who I'm going to marry when I grow up!"

I figured he was going to say Faith, or Gabi, or Eliana, some of the girls he plays with on a regular basis. But instead he said, "I'm going to marry Ella!"

"Cameron, you can' t marry Ella!"

"But why not?" he responded, a bit disappointed.

"Because she's your sister. You're not allowed to marry your sister!"

"But how will they even know that she's my sister?" (Not sure who "they" are).

"Cameron, when you get older, trust me, you won't want to marry your sister."

"But if I married her," he said with excitement, "then I'd get to see her everyday!"

I wish I had this conversation on tape, becasue I'm sure, during those teenage years, he'll be expressing a much different sentiment toward his sister.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What treasured moments! Are you planning a family picture soon? I need one up on my wall. Or I will just wait till you arrive this summer and take one myself. Cameron looks so grown up and Ella is growing so fast, not an infant anymore. Can't wait to see you all and give and get my hugs from my grandchildren. Miss you!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

goodness, that's so sweet. my children just bang each other over the head with trains and call each other poopyheads.

of course, if my kids decided to get married, we'd have even bigger problems, them being all boys and everything....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home