UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Just keep thinking Dec. 13th

Yesterday I started to feel different. My uterus seemed harder and I kept feeling a lot of little insignificant pains. Not contractions, just silly pains in all different places. Bending over to pick something up was never very comfortable before, but starting yesterday, it seemed almost impossible. This feeling continues today. I find myself doing the pregnancy "waddle" and walking just seems too overwhelming. Melvin said I'm just having Braxton Hicks contractions....pretty normal...no I'm not going into labor...blah...blah...blah.

But I just want to note, that I feel different. Probably a sign from God that I better get things in order. I did manage to buy a bassinet type thing this weekend for our bedroom. But I still haven't purchased a double stroller (can't seem to find one that will fit our carseat from before), I haven't purchased any winter newborn clothes, I haven't organized or made space for any of Ella's things. And quite frankly, I'm not even sure when I'm going to do all this.

I hope it's just a sign, because in reality, we haven't made any plans for if the baby comes early. Our plan now is that my mom is flying out the week the baby is due, and Melvin is taking off work the week after that. Then my sister comes out for a week. But if Ella is early, we have no idea who will watch the kids when I go to the hospital, how I'll finish out my grad class, who'll take care of the boys after I deliver, etc. I'm in that denial mode....like if we don't talk about it, then it won't happen. We're just counting on December 13th or beyond. My grad class will be done, my mom will be here, things will be purchased and organized (I hope).

Let's all say our prayers!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, your Mom will be around to save the day.........hopefully early enough though. And it will all work out because God is in control and always provides (Mom Mom Spitz motto). Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home