UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Halloween nightmare

I know I need to write about my wonderful weekend in Utah and how Melvin did with the kids, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Right now I have something else pestering me that I have to write about. I just realized as I was sitting in my grad class tonight that Halloween falls on a Monday, which means that I won't be able to take the kids trick-or-treating. My grad class is that night, and I already missed one class for my grandmother's funeral. If I miss another one, I can't get any higher than a B in the class. I feel just horrible.

Melvin is already moonlighting that night, so he can't take them either. The babysitter said she'd do it, but I still feel like a horrible mother. This is Max's first time trick-or-treating. And to think that I spent all that time and money searching for the Darth Vader / Yoda costume combination so I could take my Star Wars darlings around as a "matching pair." Damn!

Well, at least I'll be able to dress them up together this Thursday night, as their school has a Fall Harvest Festival where they are encouraged to come in costume. Still, it won't be the same as Halloween night.

I'm sure my kids will be scarred. They can just add this to the list of things I'm sure they'll create when they're older of why I'm such a horrible mother. ;)

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

You know that kids are VERY forgiving!! I have told Chelsea "Sorry" so many times that that is probably all she will remember when she grows up...Love ya, Dana

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

My prof just e-mailed us and is ending class early on Monday...6:30. So I'll be homne by 7PM. Still a little late, but better than missing out on the whole shebang!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home