UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's my duty

The kids' toys were strewn all over the family room. Dinner and lunch dishes scattered throughout the kitchen. Two loads of laundry waited to be folded, and many more sat in a pile waiting to be loaded into the washer. The receipts I've been collecting for weeks sat in a pile, needing to be entered into Quicken. My journal articles for my class remained unread, and my Bible study on friendships was untouched.

And yet, I ignored all of the above because Commander in Chief was on. And although I don't necessarily feel drawn to the storylines like I do Desperate Housewives or Boston Legal, I feel it is my duty as a woman to watch this show that is centered around a female president. Maybe someday I won't have to watch a dramatization to see her...maybe I'll just have to turn on the 5:00 news. Wouldn't that be great.

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger LH said...

i haven't watched it yet. Is it good? I do like Geena Davis.
I've been having similar priorities lately. Last night I watched the Amazing Race and Real World despite the list of things to do on my desk.
The Amazing Race was sad at the end. Did you see it????

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

No, I haven't watched AR this season because it's on at the same time as Commander in Chief. I haven't even watched much of that show. Cameron's bedtime is 8:00, and by the time I actually get him into bed, read him his stories, answer his many questions to stall him having to go to sleep, it's already past 8:30. I must do better. What was so sad about it? Is the family one as good as the other ones? Is there enough conflict?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger LH said...

the family AR is better than I thought it would be. some of the family tensions are quite funny and familiar. last night was so sad because there was one fam with kids. I think the kids were maybe 9 and 12? The younger girl tried so hard to hold back her tears when she found out they were getting kicked off. Her face was heartbreaking. She never let loose but you could see she was working like a maniac to keep it together. wah.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I'm such a sap, I usually cry whenever any of those teams get kicked off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home