UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Weekend Away

I was out of town this past weekend, with no kids in tow. It was wonderful! I visited my brilliant friend Lauren Liang, who is a professor at the University of Utah. She and her husband live just minutes from a mountain, but considering the fact that I'm into my 8th month of pregnancy, we didn't do any hiking. What we did do was go to this zen-style spa and had our nails and toes done...which was lovely. We also hung out at her house and did a lot of girl talk. It was so nice to get to just sit for long periods of time. Took a lot of the baby pressure off that had been causing a lot of pain in the past weeks. The only reason I had to get up was to let her cutie pie dogs out, and of course to take my many trips to the bathroom.

When I got home, Cameron asked me, "Did you and Lauren play?"
"What do you mean by play?"
"You know, like play cards and stuff like that."
"No Cameron, we didn't play. We did a lot of talking."
"Well, that's not even fun," he said, in quite disbelief.

Oh if he only knew how much fun it really was.

Some of you were wondering how Melvin made out with the boys. Except for his interesting timing with lunch and dinner (8:30 on Sat night for dinner, 4:00 Sunday afternoon for lunch), it seemed that things went well. Although I'm happy they had a good weekend together, part of me wanted it to be disasterous. I was hoping to come home to a husband who expressed nothing but appreciation for what I do on a daily basis. I was hoping that a weekend with the boys would convince him that with the onset of a 3rd child, we'd need some help around the house (in the form of an au pair!). I was at the very least hoping for some sort of relief that I had come home and relieved him of his kid watching "duties."

But instead, he said, "It wasn't that hard. And the house is even pretty clean."

Maybe he should be a stay-at-home dad then. We'd be poor as church mice, but hey, the kids would be happy, and apparently the house would stay clean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home