UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just the Girls

My "Mom's Spiritual Spa" group from church came over tonight. It was our first get together outside of our weekly studies.

What a wonderful time we had. Who else but with a bunch of girls can you sit around and talk about vaginal vericose veins, little boys' obsession with their penises and painful episiodomies? Of course we talked about other things too...trips, halloween costumes, 10 pound babies.

When deciding when to meet again, one of the women expressed all of our sentiments by saying,
"This was great, we should do it every week. I mean, I can't really talk about my vagina with my husband!"

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger LH said...

vaginal varicose veins?
that just sounds really horrible.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

It is. It's one of those things no one ever tells you about until you feel like the baby is about to fall out of you, so you go to the doctors, who informs you that the baby isn't going anywhere. The pressure you feel is vericose veins. So I go home and look, and I'm completely grossed out. However, almost every woman I have mentioned this to tells me either they had them, or their mom did, or someone they know did. So I guess it's more common than I thought. The good news is, they apparently they go away after you have the baby. Until then, I'll just keep thinking this baby is coming any day now (really it's about a month and a half until my due date).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home