UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Costume Search

Last year, my then 3 yearold decided he wanted to be Spiderman for Halloween. I wasn't too thrilled about his sudden jump from the cute animal costumes (had had been a zebra and a lion the previous years) into older boy superhero mode. But it wasn't really about what I wanted. So about a month before Halloween, I was in Toys R Us, and spotted the perfect Spiderman costume, with built in muscles and all. Fearing they would run out, I bought the costume at the hefty price of $29.95, shaking my head in shame as I was at the register forking out such dough for a silly costume.

However, it turns out that every store seemed to have several racks of that same Spiderman costume, and it was even on sale for half of what I paid. I was kicking myself!

Of course this year, I was going to learn from my past mistake and not purchase the first costume I came across. Cameron decided this year he would be Darth Vader. If I didn't like the Spiderman idea last year, can you imagine my disappointment in hearing his costume choice! For goodness sake, the boy has never even seen Star Wars! When asked why he wants to be Darth Vader, his matter-of-fact response is, "Because I get to wear a scary mask." Thinking it would be at least cute to have him as Darth Vader and Max as Yoda (I sorta think he has a Yoda-like face), I agreed to his costume choice. And I was really fortunate that the Target ad this week had Darth Vader on sale for a mere $12.95.

But as luck would have it, when we went to purchase the costume, they didn't have his size. We then went to Toys R Us, and again, only large DV costumes were available. I checked on line..only the almost $50 deluxe ones are available...and the baby yoda ones are all sold out.

So tomorrow, after my doctor's appt, while my boys are in school and I'm supposed to take the time to do some school work, I will be hitting every Target within 30 minute driving distance until I find that costume in a size small or medium. Feel free to check your local Target for me. Again...it's a Darth Vader, size small or medium...and a Yoda, size 1-2T. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

I'll check all our Target stores for you. After all, you saved the day in my cross-country search for Kristen's dress...can't thank you & Mall of America enough for that one!!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

This morning I found a size medium...thank goodness there's a target store on every corner here in Minnesota. It's way too big, but I figure I could do some cutting and sewing (or maybe duct taping since I don't really sew) to make it work. Still in search of a Yoda.

Thanks!!!!!!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger LH said...

Good luck with the costumes. I'm sure my kiddos will decide on something ridiculous on Oct. 30 and I'll be driving all over the place helping them put it all together. I wish they could be done with Halloween. They're 11 and 14! Maybe i'm just being too curmudgeonly. your guys will look adorable and i'm sure they'll be blogged appropriately for my viewing pleasure.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cari,
I found this website with yoda costumes but I'm not sure what the size small is but there is a number on the website to call. Good luck!
Jen

http://costumecraze.com/SW34.html?PHPSESSID=e09040f10e46214ce512d602e4ecd305

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Hey Jen!
Thanks for the costume info. The yoda costume was for bigger kids. I did find a catalog that had the costume in it for Max's size. Spent more money than I wanted to, but gosh darnit...my kids will look cute! Pathetic, isn't it. Hey, can you send me your e-amil address? I don't have your comcast one in my address book. THANKS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home