UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Renewal

Today I felt like a new person. Why you might ask? Max started "school." So that I could do my required tutoring for my grad class, and to allow me to do shopping, homework, appointments, etc., we decided to have Max attend "school" where Cameron goes 3 mornings a week. It was wonderful! I walked into Starbucks, dressed up in a sweater, skirt and black boots, WITHOUT any kids in tow. I fit in with all the professionals getting their coffee for the day. For once, I didn't feel like a dumpy mom. And it felt good to be back in a school building. I certainly felt refreshed and enjoyed my kids more when I was with them in the afternoon.

Max did okay at daycare. He cried and such as expected, but the teacher said that being his first day, he did pretty well. He even layed down on a cot and went right to sleep at nap time (he NEVER lays down at home unless he's confined to a crib). When I picked him up, Cameron's class wasn't back from their trip yet. So Max and I waited with some other Mom's for our preschoolers to return. Strangely, Max continually walked over to this other mom who he had never seen before, sat on her lap and gave her big hugs. At one point, he almost fell asleep on her shoulder. He always came back to me, but I think he was trying to repay me for abandoning him this morning. "Look Mom, I can leave you, too!"

This evening, I decided to be all June Cleaverlike. The boys and I went to Target and bought a bunch of Halloween decorations.

Here is a picture of the tacky ghosts Cameron and I made that we'll hang on our trees out front.

Here is what Max was doing while Cameron and I were making ghosts. (This was after I had just put everything back into the correct drawers and cabinets). A clean house? I give up.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, why don't you invest in some cabinet child locks and just leave a specific cabinet open just for MAX? Mom

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Have you ever tried to put those locks on? They take FOREVER!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home