UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tough 4 year old questions

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. I did get the opportunity to see her on Tuesday when I arrived, although she was not really conscious when I was there. She hadn't had anything to eat or drink in a couple days. And if someone hadn't told me that was her in the room, I wouldn't have recognized her. I'm glad she did not have to suffer too long before the Lord rescued her.

But now my four year old has so many questions. How do you explain death to someone who is so literal?
Why isn't God helping her? But we prayed for Him to make her feel better.
Why does she look different? Why do people look different before they die?
What will happen to her house? But what about her house in Heaven? Can we visit her?
But what about her friends? She won't have any friends to be with in Heaven.
(After explaining that her body is still here but her soul, which is on her inside, goes up into heaven), So her skin will be all broken apart so the inside goes to heaven?
But how will she breath if she's underground?

Although I'm not a fan of celebrities who think they can be children's authors, I did go out and purchase Maria Shriver's book about Heaven. I must admit, it was perfect.

Besides being able to answer Cameron's questions, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to act. Everyone seems so happy and cheerful around her house. But me, I don' t feel that. I just keep thinking about Mom-mom prancing through the house, so filled with energy...just not there anymore. All I want to do is cry. But no one else is crying. I guess everyone grieve's differently.

The viewing is Sunday and the funeral Monday. I've never been to a viewing, nor to a burial. I've been blessed.

4 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
We're praying for you and yours.

Jaye

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Thanks Jaye

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger LH said...

this is such a sad post.
When Rosalyn was 3, our much loved friend Andy, died. She became obsessed with death and dying after that for quite a long time. Those were really hard times for our family and it took time for all of us to heal. Remember to give yourself extra care and time. Much love, lee

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Last night Cameron asked me if we could send Mom-mom an e-mail. How cute is that. Today is the viewing and tomorrow the funeral.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home