UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ocean Air...from inside

Right now I'm stuck in Ocean City, New Jersey. Normally, I would never use the word "stuck" when referring to this island. With the wonderful beaches, the breezy boardwalk, the quaint downtown stores, it's paradise (except that it's a dry town...but go over the bridge and the first place you come to is a liquor store!).

But I'm here with my little monsters in my parent's small condo....which is perfect for them, but disasterous for us. Max is constantly opening every drawer and door he can get his hands on, pulling out all sorts of breakables! So I spend most of my time following him around, picking up after his mess, and hearing him yelp. Yes, I said yelp. He still doesn't say words, but he communicates with this horrible high pitched scream...making him sound like a monkey, or puppy. I can't seem to break him of this habit....even sounds like I'm trying to train a dog doesn't it?

It doesn't help that Cameron is sick...was up at 3 AM with a fever and an odd cough. So any soltice that I'd take today having the kids play at the beach in a "giant sandbox" wasn't going to happen. So we're stuck inside. Thankfully Max is napping now. I think I'll go sit on the front porch and just enjoy the silence...while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home