UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, September 23, 2005

More Messes


Being as undomestic as I am, there's probably nothing I loathe more than cleaning. So much so, that despite the fact that I'm a Stay-at-home-Mom, we hire a cleaning lady to come once a week.

However, whenever my husband comes home, he always looks around the house in disbelief and asks, "Did Rhonda come today?"
"Yes," I reply, matter-of-factly.
"Are you sure? Did you actually see her clean?"

Here is what my husband does not quite get. Within an hour and a half of Rhonda leaving a pristine household, this is what occured:

Max had lunch...a bowl of spaghettio's, which he managed to smear all over his face, his hair, his high chair tray, before dropping a half-full bowl onto the sparkling floor.

When I brought him to his bathroom, with the recently-cleaned mirror, I set him on the counter so I can run the bath water without him walking all over with his tomato sauce hands. He manages to smear his hands all over the mirror.

As I run the bath water and undress him, I discover that he had pooped all in his diaper. As I try to juggle holding him up so he doesn' t sit down and finding a wipe, he pees all over the bathroom floor.

In the meantime, I hear Cameron in the family room. He apparently had finished his watermelon, with many drips on the floor, and made his way to the living room where he poured out his entire bin of action heroes.

After Max's bath, we come downstairs, and he finds Cameron's sneakers by the door. He brings them to Cameron, into the family room, where he throws them, dislodging any dried dirt caught in the bottom tread.

Then, while I'm upstairs cleaning up the bathtub mess, Max decides to play in the toilet that Cameron is currently peeing in!

So to answer my husband's question....Yes, Melvin, she came. And yes, I actually saw her clean. I admired the beauty of my home for just a few minutes....then the little monsters took over.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell Cameron that he is a watermelon head!!

Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home