UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Dinner Delight

Last night my mom was a saint. Despite the fact that my monsters were sick and cranky, she offered to watch them while I went out to dinner with my cousin, Jen.

I sat there at dinner, feeling somewhat odd. I was actually able to eat. I could taste and enjoy my food. I didn' t have to cut up anyone else's meal, or put away all the shakers, or balance a baby around while trying to stuff food in his mouth, and protect my food at the same time. I could just sit, relax, and enjoy my meal and company. It was heavenly. I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to do that.

Family is great. Too bad I live 1000 miles away from them.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger LH said...

if i had that kid at my house, he'd have me wrapped around his little finger. TOO CUTE.

glad you had a fun dinner out.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we could get together for dinner. I had a good time, wish we could do it more often. I miss you!
jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home